Please help me, please.

Gissell

Jan 14, 2021
Backstory, I never thought I would own a fish. So the reason I have one was because the previous owner was going to throw it away in the trash! So I took it in, and I thought I would give it to petco or somewhere that would actually take care of this pleco! But because of covid they aren’t taking any fish! So now I have to take care of it for now; I don’t mind learning new things but this is living and well I am not prepared at all!! First thing first; the pleco is growing something on his belly :( and I am 100% sure that is not okay. Second, the pleco also has discoloration(looks pale) in his belly and other parts of its body and I need to know what is happening so I can take care of the problem. And if you know what it is help a girl out and explain what I can do to make this pleco better. A LOT BETTER PLEASE, I’m desperate I feel so bad. I tried taking the best pictures I could atm. So if you need any information I will try my best to give it to you. But just also include how I can give it to you please. I have no idea what I am doing.

Attachments

Gissell

Jan 14, 2021
MORE INFORMATION ATM
I named my pleco mo(from the movie wall-e). Mo is the only fish I have and is very active moves back and forth in tank all the time and moves the dry wood too. Unfortunately when I got Mo it was in a 20 gallon tank but since I am not working, that is all mo has right now. Mo only eats one algae wafer at night before I go to bed, its appetite hasn’t changed, which I think is good. But that could change. The temperature of the tank is around 78 degrees. If you want to know all this, the parameters,
a. Ammonia
b. Nitrite
c. Nitrate
d. PH, KH and hardness.
Just know i only know that is for the water. I am going to continue doing research how I can test it. But just know I don’t know how to or how to make it better if one is higher or the other is lower. I don’t even know how to do water changes! So please just help me. Don’t be aggressive with me. I am going to take all the advice I can get and put it in my head and do it! Because I don’t want mo to die!