please help sex L015

Ryno

Aug 27, 2011
Sydney Australia
hi all, i was wondering is any of you lovely people out there could have a go at sexing my L015's. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated :thumbup:

Last edited:

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
maybe for future reference as well to help us id Ls, as you already have all Ls out of the tank, why not just photograph them individual from top. These groups shots are so deceptive, with angles etc that it really makes it hard.
Have you noticed any of them caving ? cheers jk :thumbup:

Last edited:

Ryno

Aug 27, 2011
Sydney Australia
They have all caved. But never In the same cave they are always moving. But I do have about 10 caves in with them. I do know there is one definate male as he is real hairy and tends to stick to the same area. I will try to get better photos next time

Last edited:

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
how long have you had them? I find that usually they all look at caves is when they are new to a tank and work out their dominance. I usually find that the most dominant male gets or shows the hairs the most. Do you have any drift wood in the tank ? the reason I ask is that usually but not always but usually females tend to hide in other places like wood and overhangs instead of caves. Any chance of a shot of your tank ? cheers jk :thumbup:

Ryno

Aug 27, 2011
Sydney Australia
I have Had them for about 4 months. Yes I have a loads Of driftwold and river stones in there. But still only the one that caves around the same area and that's the hairy one, the others seem to float from cave to cave and driftwood ect. Cant get pic right now hopefully on the weekend when i have time

Last edited:

Ryno

Aug 27, 2011
Sydney Australia
So hard to tell with the Less dominant ones. Next time I do a full clean I will get these guys out and take proper photos (lol well the best I can do I ain't a photographer lol) hopefully 4females and a male or even 2 males and 3 females would be awesome :)