Please help

Muddy

Jun 20, 2020
I had a disaster in my tank a few weeks ago when the heater failed, to cut off at set temp I lost 26 fish, a few survived including my beloved. Spot, ( sorry to sound soppy but I really do love this fish). He was quiet for about a week, but has picked up a bit but now he is moving around I have seen his belly is so sunken, he is getting food as I feed the others that survived (not Plecos) at one end and him the other. I would love to tell you what he is but it’s long been a debate he is similar to a snowball but much smaller and more yellow ( cream) and black he never grew past 3 inc despite a 450ltr tank . Any advice or help welcomed I do not want to loose him

L-ko

Global Moderators
Staff member
Oct 15, 2010
Weimar, Germany
www.welsfans.de
Hi,

if you can, put this fish in an small tank. Feed him several times a day. You have to remove old feed. Possibly, you also have to change the water.
Generally I give fine carnivor feed and leaves of walnut or Terminalia catappa.

Greetings
Elko

Muddy

Jun 20, 2020
Thank you, I have put an egg cube in but I can’t catch him worried I will dress him out more . If I can get food into him will he survive ?

L-ko

Global Moderators
Staff member
Oct 15, 2010
Weimar, Germany
www.welsfans.de
Hi,

Nobody can answer this question because we don't know why he has a sunken stomach. For example, he may have an intestinal disorder.
He shouldn't have to look far for food - preferably put it in front of the nose. It should not be disturbed by other fishes. It should have optimal conditions.
You can only try it.

Greetings
Elko