Please sex these L282

Nat's Fish

Nov 14, 2011
Hi,

Can you please let me know what sex you think these two are? They are at least 12cm. I keep forgetting to measure them & they aren't easy to catch
I know the spikes don't help with measuring. The one on the right looks rounder when on the glass, almost slightly gravid but getting them on the glass is tough too
Thanks so much
Nat

Nat's Fish

Nov 14, 2011
Thanks Alex. A lot of people say they are the same species but I believe these were clarified as being 282. Any idea on the sex? I believe they are a pair but am not 100% sure & only one caves

alex tan wk

Jan 2, 2014
bukit panjang ring rd
Thanks Alex. A lot of people say they are the same species but I believe these were clarified as being 282. Any idea on the sex? I believe they are a pair but am not 100% sure & only one caves
Sorry bro still noob to see thier sex. Can try seaching through net.. Seaview Aquarium selling a mid size one too.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Nat's Fish

Nov 14, 2011
I've got some updated pics so hopefully someone can help me sex them.
The first two photos are of the 13cm fish. It looks a lot rounder in the stomach doesn't it
Is that a female looking vent?
The last photo is the 12.5cm fish. The measurements don't include the long whip tail

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
if it helps you cant sex them from any hair or spikes on their back half.... and theres no clues on pectorial fins either... the pair i sold for a mate there was a pretty clear difference in the head shape which i think is the give away thing to look for....

Nat's Fish

Nov 14, 2011
Thanks mate. Their heads look a bit different, especially the nose. I'm certain now they are a pair unless anyone else knows these fish?