Plec Proof Plants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stan

Apr 23, 2009
Shenzhen, China
Hey folks,
I'm having some issues with my L128 shredding my vals are there any suggestions (aside from java fern and anubis) of some bitter plants he won't like?

2wheelsx2

Dec 21, 2009
Burnaby, BC, Canada
If you supply enough plants, he'll not be able to keep up with eating it all. That was my solution to having silver dollars in a planted tank. Sorry, probably not what you want to hear.

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
no ideas sorry, just get fast growing plants and give fish plenty of algae wafers and courgette etc.
my 128s do not eat my plants

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
Stan, If you go here www.tropica.com on the right hand side above the list of all the plant species is a drop down box, you can select plants not readily eaten by herbivorous plants and it brings up another list of those plants.

Skilldeft

Apr 21, 2009
Durham
I've not long picked up a giant anubia on bogwood from tropica and my silver dollars and plecs havent touched it.

Rabbit

Retired Staff
Apr 21, 2009
Auckland, NZ
Feeding more vegetables may help, otherwise try Elodea canadensis (if you can get it its a noxious species here.) its the sort of plant that grows just as quickly as it is eaten.
It grows submerged or suspended requires little to no feeding or light and if it grows too long simply breaking it will give you another plant.

Stan

Apr 23, 2009
Shenzhen, China
Feeding more vegetables may help, otherwise try Elodea canadensis (if you can get it its a noxious species here.) its the sort of plant that grows just as quickly as it is eaten.
It grows submerged or suspended requires little to no feeding or light and if it grows too long simply breaking it will give you another plant.
Thanks mate, Will look for some next trip to HK.

Stan

Apr 23, 2009
Shenzhen, China
I get what I can locally, but good plants are hard to find. HK goldfish street is literally 35 mins from my door so I buy most my plants, aquarium supplies, imported foods etc... there. China is pretty strict with what they allow to cross the border so I buy most :whistle: of my fish on the mainland.

I'm the exact opposite of you man, born in Canada and moved to China when I was a kid.(well 25 years old) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.