Pleco Id Please (I think possibly L168.)

mike0605

Nov 2, 2009
Hoylake (Wirral)
Hi,

Bought this lovely pleco a few days ago from my local fish store. Was being sold for £18.00 as an L170 pleco which in my opinion it definately isn't however I bought this pleco because I think the markings are very nice and I would like to know exactly what L number it is so I can keep an eye out for some more.

It seems very flat almost like it has been rolled out with a rolling pin lol which may not be noticable in the photos.

As I stated in the title I reckon it looks alot like L168 but can't be 100% sure it is this pleco

At the moment the plec is in with 2 l199 and 3 l015 and i have included a couple of tank shots. (How do i get rid of all the pleco poop LOL i have an external eheim which does at least 5 times the water in the tank an hour I have a fluval 3 plus internal which is cleaned regularly and a 1000lph powerhead with airstone attached underneith by elastic bands so it sprays bubbles across the tank. I have been doing 50% weekly water changes with 10-15% daily/two daily water changes too and there is constantly poop everywhere. The plecs are the only fish in the tank and the tanks is 180litre juwel curved aquarium.

Thanks everyone :)

Attachments

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
I would be inclined to opt for L52 Dekeyseria Mike. L168 tends to have more defind stripes and no circle's/blotches. 168 have a more orange base colour aswell.

This was my full grown 52 @ 6"tl

L168 will grow a little bigger than 52 so give it a few years:D

Cheers

thegeeman

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
I agree with Mr G

i had a go at spawning these once got no were but they do become quite tame and feed in the daytime.

They like a sandy bottom with fast lowing clean water

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
agreed on 52 g yours is perfect!!
i like rhe fact that they change colour
i never see my 168 its always hidding lol
il try add a pic

mike0605

Nov 2, 2009
Hoylake (Wirral)
Thanks guys great help mine is about 4 - 5 inch and looks alot like yours in the flesh Gee so im going with you guys L52 it is.

Do you see them about for sale much? first time I have seen a plec like this in my area and it was a one off guessing someone must have took it into the shop.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Thanks guys great help mine is about 4 - 5 inch and looks alot like yours in the flesh Gee so im going with you guys L52 it is.

Do you see them about for sale much? first time I have seen a plec like this in my area and it was a one off guessing someone must have took it into the shop.
Maidenhead Aq in Ramsgate just got a few in, not sure how much they were though. Yours looks exactly the same as theirs.

Btw, would you mind if i moved all your photos to the gallery, its your gallery:yes: