Polypturus Invasion

Stan

Apr 23, 2009
Shenzhen, China
brilliant , great looking fish.
are they hard to keep?
Thanks! In fact they are really easy to keep and quite laid back, They are however escape artists so a tight fitting lid is a must. They never hide and contrary to popular opinion they get along smashingly with my L001.

Stan

Apr 23, 2009
Shenzhen, China
Thanks guys, it all started about 3 years back when the wife came home with a sen. instant love affair<3 as for endlis well have a monster tank ready! still #2 to my plecs, but worth the journey:)

indigoj

May 3, 2009
Bury, Lancs
I'll second this, polypterus are wonderful fish. I used to have a trio os Senegals and they were so active and playful. I have an adult senegal and a sub adult lapradei now and the Sen. is a real character - steals floating pellets from my Oscars...

Stan

Apr 23, 2009
Shenzhen, China
I'll second this, polypterus are wonderful fish. I used to have a trio os Senegals and they were so active and playful. I have an adult senegal and a sub adult lapradei now and the Sen. is a real character - steals floating pellets from my Oscars...
LOL! my sen is the only one that will surface feed. Got a pic of the Lap?:)

Stan

Apr 23, 2009
Shenzhen, China
Do you have problems with plants or fish?
Plants no problem, these guys are pretty delicate swimmers. they are predators so any small fish would be looked at as a food source but they are ambush hunters so they leave any large tankmates alone. the endli will eventually see the angels as food, but i will have them re-homed before too long.