Possible L199 action

ani-mal-lvr

May 20, 2009
Wisconsin U.S.A.
Highya folks!!

Lately since I received a PM from IntrepidMax about my spawning L199s. I have bin keepin a closer eye on them. Being as how I had nothing to tell Max, as to how I had gotten 3 spawns in the past. Just theories and guesses.
(But was alwayz pleasantly surprised):yes:

If this....

Turns out to be an actual spawn. Thingz wont be a whole lot different other than.
We are in the middle of a storm front, and I just did a 50% water change yesterday.
Tank temp is 84 before cool water change. Lotsa wood and a few of Stubys (from PF) Oak caves.

I tried to get a video of the pair goin at it. But it turned out way too dark to see anything.

These are still the fish that I believe are L199 general consensus was yes.
Still open for opinions.
See them here---> http://www.plecofanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54408

I put this in Pleco chat, one cuz it turned into ID? Two cuz dont know fersure if its an actual spawn. If I put it in the wrong spot spank me.:)
Keepin My finnerz crossed, Dave

ani-mal-lvr

May 20, 2009
Wisconsin U.S.A.
excellent Dave, will keep mine crossed too, keep us informed
Thank you. I plan on updating (if this is a spawn)
Good luck Dave:yes:
Thank you.

Well as stated before I never really knew what triggered them in the past.
I alwayz just stumbled upon juvies, after they were out and about. This is a small 20 gallon long. That tendz to git forgot about quite often. (I know shame on me) But between werk and remodeling this old house. Along keepin up on all my tanks. I tend to fergit where I left off. (its hell to git old)

I am still uncertain if they actually did the deed. But it sure did look promising. (wish my video turned out)
Later today I'll try and git a peek into the cave, hopin to see eggz.

Dave

I

intrepidmax

Wow.....So whats going on......whats the weather like.....??

Im now checking my barometer constantly looking for low pressure....Im thinking I might have to wait until winter sets in again...

My tank is sitting at the same temp...(84) and its a 3ft L 15inch H 12 inch W so maybe 100/120 litres I think....(was told this was a good size)

Im still doing 25% water changes every 2 days rather than every single day as it got too much with work and cave building and my 8ft river tank. lol busy busy.

Im so excited, think Im going to forget about this tank for a while and check met until I get some rain and low pressure then switch off heater and do a 50% W/C

It might be an idea that I start to drop water from this tank slowly until only 25% is left over a period of time...lets say over 7 days until my rainy period arrives.

then yippppeeeee :p eggs eggs eggs...

ani-mal-lvr

May 20, 2009
Wisconsin U.S.A.
oooh good luck!! My fingers are crossed for you. :)
Thanks Mom!!!! :D
Wow.....So whats going on......whats the weather like.....??

Im now checking my barometer constantly looking for low pressure....Im thinking I might have to wait until winter sets in again...

My tank is sitting at the same temp...(84) and its a 3ft L 15inch H 12 inch W so maybe 100/120 litres I think....(was told this was a good size)

Im still doing 25% water changes every 2 days rather than every single day as it got too much with work and cave building and my 8ft river tank. lol busy busy.

Im so excited, think Im going to forget about this tank for a while and check met until I get some rain and low pressure then switch off heater and do a 50% W/C

It might be an idea that I start to drop water from this tank slowly until only 25% is left over a period of time...lets say over 7 days until my rainy period arrives.

then yippppeeeee :p eggs eggs eggs...
Well I'll be cheerin for ya Max!!!

Well this tank is on the same general water change schedule as all the rest. Roughly 50% every 3-4 days. This weekend with the storm coming (still rainin) I decided to do a cool water change. Thinkin mebbe the low pressure coupled with the cool w/c mebbe sumthin might happen.

I didnt turn the heater off tho. For fear of fergettin and tank temp droppin to much. Its bin getten down close to freezin here. Couple of frosts last week, wiped out all my friends gardens. so tank temp climbed right back to 84.

I had just tried to see in the cave before gettin back on here. The tank and cave has so many MTS I cant see nuthin. He does appear to be fanning, but he could just be tryin to wash all the snails out.:dk:

So nuthin positive to report as yet

I

intrepidmax

still nothing going on in my tank. even the cories aint interested.

But It water change night....and its just been raining.

the heater has been off for about 2 hrs and Im going to drop the W/C by 50%

here we go again lol.......

I've been having some big breeding ideas to be honest........And one of my biggest thoughts that I have stumbled upon is. that not only does pressure drops play a big part.......but Im now also thinking that natural light is also a factor.

When I do get my new fish house/shed Im thinking It might be wise to pop in some sky lights.....maybe some doubled up panels of that plastic stuff that holds in the heat. the stuff they use on conservatories and car ports.

might be the answer.