possible peckoltias what do you think?

jumon

Nov 2, 2011
Nouméa
Hello everyone! :hi:

Fish shopping today, I really like these, I think I have both male and female but still unsure with the specie and the sex.

They were sold as Peckoltia pulcher, but they really don't look like that!

thank you for your help!

cheers from new Caledonia!

beencees

Nov 5, 2011
Brisbane
Doesn't really look like an L168 but pics are a little small so can't really have a stab at it.
That's a damn big millipede in you pic btw, lol!

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
interesting, not sure, perhaps they are a bit stressed in the pics, maybe take some more pics when relaxed in the tank?

jumon

Nov 2, 2011
Nouméa
each time I try to post a picture the site tells me that it's too big... I have big issues to post bigger photos, well now they are in the tank and relaxed they are really different they really look like L052 to me right now!

I'll try to take some picture in the tank if they get out of their hiding places...

jumon

Nov 2, 2011
Nouméa
@beences, this is Archispirostreptus gigas the biggest millipede on earth that came from western africa! pretty nice bug!!

jumon

Nov 2, 2011
Nouméa
http://www.plecoplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1661

ok this is this one for sure, so zonancistrus pulcher. or dekeyseria pulcher I don't know which one is currently used for that specie, It seems that I have both male and female according to a french guy who used to import many from south america!

I'll post some more pictures and if I manage to have some babies!!

(I know, I'm speaking all alone right now^^)

jumon

Nov 2, 2011
Nouméa
a little update, it seems that one turned out to be a brachyura and the other a pulchra, indeed I have now them destressed and there is a yellow bright colored one and the other didn't change his colour at all, I've managed to do some pictures of the yellow one but not the other, he seems to be really shy... I'll post some pictures ASAP!

merci for the feedback!!