rams

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
I am looking for more interesting community fish for my 54g trigon/corner tank. Trying to slowly re-group from disaster last Feb.

Here are the fish I have now.

1 small L128 (getting another this week)
3 diamond tetra
5 harlequin raspbora ( 5 more in 30g to go in 54g soon)
4 female dwarf rainbows
1 farlowella

Photo of tank is on last page of ''tank photos'' . Have some tall silk plants-can get more .Plastic plant on left is gone, replaced with another tall silk. Can add more of same rocks.
2 air stones and water level is dropped about 2'' from top for phantom.
2 AquaClear 70 HOBs

I was reading about rams and the colors are great , cool looking fish, just need to know if members think they would be a good fit or would there be problems ? The descriptions say they are peaceful ... and I dont want any tail nippers, or spaz cases zipping around, like danios . Anyone got any experience with rams ? or any other ideas on cool looking peacful fish for my main show tank? thanks

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Bolivian Rams are very nice and peaceful fish. They are basically bottom dwellers. You should have no problem getting some of these to fit in with your set up. cheers jk :thumbup:

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
sometimes hard to get really health rams as some of the distributors (here anyway) come from bulk hormone bred fish and they dont seem to live very long. very attractive fish, but two males will fight and a pair might breed-which is fun but they will terrorise other fish that go near the breeding site, so i found when i has some I was best putting them in another tank rather than community tank.

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
thanks for the responses ,jk, Irene and dw, especially the article, and noting they may get a bit testy IF one is lucky enough to get a pair, nope, don't want that hassle. I ditched some diamond tetras back to store as some became huge and bullies, chasing everyone , so kept 3 of 8 .

OK, scrathing rams off my list. Glad you guys responded.