Repashy question

Amy

Jun 1, 2010
Canada
Is it okay to use the repashy meat pie for reptiles to feed fish?

The one I can get here has a lizard on the front of the package not the fish as it shows on their site.

The ingredients are the same except for 2 of them.

Would appreciate all replies

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
Maybe list a link of the one you are thinking about using which has ingredients listed and the type of fish you are planning to feed

Amy

Jun 1, 2010
Canada
www.northerngecko.ca is the site I am referring to. They have the meat pie fish and the meat pie reptile. I am not able to get the fish one here but the reptile one I can get.

I compared ingredients and there is 2 that are different the rest is the same.

If you would not mind looking at it for me and giving me your thoughts that would be great.

I am getting my new L046 2 of them on wednesday and the breeder has been feeding them the meat pie and green solient mixed along with some shrimp pellets. She has 60+ fry and more on the way so she is doing something right.

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
The fat content seems to be a little higher so some ingredient is in a higher concentration in the lizard one than the fish one.

Carrageenan Algae for fish vrs Seaweed Flour in the lizard one isn't much of a difference since fish can an do often enjoy seaweed in their home tank diets.

I probably wouldn't feed it long term but it wouldn't hurt to use the lizard one if thats all they currently have in stock atm.

Amy

Jun 1, 2010
Canada
Thanks for the reply. May I ask you what do you feed your zebras if you have them?

I know another breeder said they feed the nls pellets others feed the Hikari Carnivore pellets.

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
Cichlid veg flake, NLS growth, shrimp pellets, hikari algae wafer, sera viformo, pleco/loach pellets made in Aust, New Era cichlid green logs. Pretty much a bit of everything goes in the zeb tank. If they exceptionally lucky they might even get a little cucumber.