RO how long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry58

May 7, 2009
Uk
Hi
I get my RO water from my LFS and was just wondering when using the RO water with VERY young fry or breeding,if kept in a container with aeration what is the MAXIMUM time I would be able to keep it and be ABSOLUTELY SAFE to use?.
I won't be using enough to make my own RO water.

Mods.Please move this if needs be thanks.

Jerry

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
will keep for years IF the contain will not leech anything - some plastic containers I would not use for more than a few months. can use coke or water bottles for quite some months I am sure. does not need aeration, just keep lid off so can breath and put in dark to prevent algae etc.

jerry58

May 7, 2009
Uk
Hi
Thanks Irene0100
The reason why I am asking is that I have up to now got away with using aprox 30 ltrs and has lasted about 5 to 6 days of water changing mixed with tap this is a pain to keep up,and now I want to get another container maybe 2 and rotate the water collecting so use one and fill one when its more convenient to,this would at most be say 2 to 3 weeks old water I would be using.
Also is there anything I can clean the inside of the canister with,taking into account it is one of the white plastic ones with a removable tap and would have to be a liquid as I can't scrub it out.
This would be to like sterilize it from time to time so if any algae build up over time or mould or just to be on the safe side and will hopefully not be toxic to the fry.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Jerry

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
R O can be stored for some time but as it has almost no Kh it will become more unstable over time and will start to do some very odd things.

Status
Not open for further replies.