Sculpey Caves

Stonehead21

Feb 21, 2011
Warrington
had a bash at 1 of these earlier didnt go as well as hoped :dk: but this was the outcome...

now i mite have another bash at this sometime soon but this one is too wide for my liking and not smooth enough, i think the best way to go is to find a peice of metal pipe or similar and build the clay around that otherwise its a nightmare to try keep the shape right. The product itself tho is excellent easy to use and remarkably cheap to buy

Last edited:

maxim68

May 14, 2009
bham
mmmm i got a oven at work that will do 300-400 degrees might try this is there any better colours than blue ???????

AndyEllard

Jan 27, 2010
Leamington Spa. UK
From what I can see on the internet people say it is safe after baking but do not use the varnish/glaze.

http://www.garieinternational.com.sg/clay/aquafloats_pond.htm

Taken from website as I can't get the page to load.

AQUA POLYFLOATS IN POND

Testing Polymer Clay Scuba Diver In The Fish Pond

This is a new concept of using polymer clay to create aquarium accessories and ornaments.
There are many for fear of toxication to the aquatic life, here to demonstrate and dispel
all the arguments. I have on numerous occasion used my miniature scuba divers for the
fish tank and pond. It is relatively safe for the fishes, I do not encounter any changes in
the aquatic environment or discover any dead fishes in the pond for days and weeks.

Last edited:

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
From what I can see on the internet people say it is safe after baking but do not use the varnish/glaze.

http://www.garieinternational.com.sg/clay/aquafloats_pond.htm

Taken from website as I can't get the page to load.

AQUA POLYFLOATS IN POND

Testing Polymer Clay Scuba Diver In The Fish Pond

This is a new concept of using polymer clay to create aquarium accessories and ornaments.
There are many for fear of toxication to the aquatic life, here to demonstrate and dispel
all the arguments. I have on numerous occasion used my miniature scuba divers for the
fish tank and pond. It is relatively safe for the fishes, I do not encounter any changes in
the aquatic environment or discover any dead fishes in the pond for days and weeks.
''relatively''safe for the fishes... ain't it 100% safe ? what does that mean? sorry just want to know. thanks, Georgie