Sera foods

ksane

May 7, 2009
Oklahoma, USA
I just made an order at SERAessentials.com for 3 of their products:
Sera Spirulina Tabs
Sera Vipachips
Sera Catfish Chips
The Spirulina Tabs have 20% Spirulina, plankton, seaweed, spinach & herbs, it says. I've been researching all night out of frustration because almost all so-called "algae tabs" have very little algae at all in them. Most of them are fish meal and spirulina is listed way at the bottom, if at all. I've been using OSI Spirulina Tabs for the past year but the Sera ones I just ordered are even better as far as ingredients.
Has anyone tried any of these 3 Sera foods?
PS I'd have NEVER found the link to order it if not for a post I saw on another forum. Lornek8-the post was yours from 4 yrs ago so if you read this-thank you!
(How can a grown women get this excited over plec food???)

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Have/do use Sera Spirulina Tabs and Sera Catfish Chips. I think ingredients wise they are much better than a lof of wafers/tabs

All my plecs like them. The catfish chips with willow i give mainly to my L104 clown plec:yes:

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
I've used all those foods. I didn't like the spirulina Tabs nor seemingly did my fish. It tends to break up & make a mess as it doesn't hold its shape as well as other wafers. The other two products my fish love/leved though.

ksane

May 7, 2009
Oklahoma, USA
Thanks everyone. The HBH algae wafers were 'supposed' to hold their shape for a long time but they dissolved in 10 minutes. The ingredients look great but it makes too much of a mess. If the Sera brand makes a mess also I may just go to back to the OSI brand.
It's ridiculously hard to find a good basic fish food with good ingredients.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Which is why I don't feed a single basic food but utilize many different products to balance out the good & bad of each.
:yes: I've got around 8-10 different wafers/tabs open for my plecs and corys lol

ksane

May 7, 2009
Oklahoma, USA
I'd never get it used up before it went stale if I had that many open bags. My Plecs eat like little gluttons but that still wouldn't be fast enough. Maybe keeping it in the freezer would help.....?

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
I'd never get it used up before it went stale if I had that many open bags. My Plecs eat like little gluttons but that still wouldn't be fast enough. Maybe keeping it in the freezer would help.....?
Keeping excess food in the freezer would definitely help. I usually buy the smallest bags available because, while not very economical, I never get to the bottom of containers before the food goes bad. I just can't help myself from buying all the new foods that come out so I've got containers of fish food all over the place. I guess the obvious solution is to simply get more fish.:yes: