Sex my L066?

Zebra Pleco

Retired Staff
Nov 18, 2010
Gardenstown, NE Scotland
www.zebra-plec.com
mmmmmmmmm, I thought they were all feamles too, I was looking for hairs and the nose. This method works with L46's but unsure on 66's. Whats the guidelines for sexing a 66, thought all hypans were roughly the same.

Must ake some pictures of my 333's and 66's and gett he forum to sex them, bet I have them all wrong.

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
Apparently these fish are the underlings of a major colony, so they do need a bit of conditioning up by themselves now to properly be able to sex them. I plan to draft out the females and put them together with my males I already have so I will have 3 different bloodlines together, and sell off all males in the photos unless one or two turn out quite startlingly attractive.

Am just going to have to be patient and finish quaranteen, get them conditioned up and then put my new colony together. Patience and Brengun don't really go together well lol.
I want fry like everyone else has got with the L066! :)

I would place in 2 seperate tanks and condition for 2-4 weeks than retake photo's i sure a more spot on sexing would be easier.Some appear light in condition so extra feeds will help.

That said i sure you would have a spawn before that just put in 1 female in each tank and 2 males in each.( i think 3 male (1 unsure think male not best shot ) 2 female but conditioning will tell soon )