There is 6 of them. Most around between 5.5-6cm, the smallest is 5cm
I know they are a bit young but was hoping to get an early idea
I'll get better photos next time I strip the tank
Thanks a lot
Nat :)

Mol_PMB

Mar 26, 2014
Manchester
I'm not an expert on this but I'm trying to learn myself. In the first picture, look at the two fish on the left hand side.
The top one has a shorter head, and the widest part of the body is behind the first set of the fins. I think that's a girl. The one below has a longer head, and the widest part of the body is at the back of the head - it tapers back from the fins. I think that's a boy.
I think these are the clearest indicators on juveniles. Can someone more experienced put me straight if needed?
:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nat's Fish

Nov 14, 2011
Thanks for your input. I want to learn how to sex these accurately too. Hopefully they can be at 5-6cm

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
male has big head and greater distance between eyes in proportion... females tend to have smaller pointy noses... males tend to have a thicker black stripe on head also... but not 100% of the time get odd one that isnt....
males first ray in pectorials tends to be thicker... V and U shaped bodies are starting to form up... plus some of the zebs pictured came from me and they were spawned in lower ph so ratio of girls to boys is much higher anyway... and a couple of them were smallest fry in a batch.... around 3-4cm males tend to pick up growth rate and put on size quicker than females..... so all up its guess work!!! :lol::thumbup: