Sexing 6 L202's - Help required please

SApleco

Mar 11, 2012
australia
Okay, I bought these as L202's about 1 year ago.

They are around the 8 cm mark and I have 6 of them and am hoping to get some indication of what I have from some more learned people on the forum.

Here are some group shots

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

I hope there is someone out there who thinks they can give me some definitive answers.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Clinton

SApleco

Mar 11, 2012
australia
Thanks guys.

I have noticed I stuffed up with the pics.

2nd pic and #4 pic are the same which means I am missing a profile pic at #4 and for some reason #2 did not work. I will try track down these photos.

Only 4 of 6 photos shown so in summary:

#1 - Female
#2 - to be reposted
#3 - Dominant Male
#4 - to be reposted
#5 - Male
#6 - Female

A few questions?

Are they close to breeding size at 8cm, what do these guys fetch at 3 cm these days and what do you think of their colour/markings?

Thanks

Clinton

lcrazy

Oct 11, 2009
camden
Mine bred around the 8.5cm mark, so yep close, fetch $25-$30 each, with the colour, they look a bit stressed (because got caught) but a nice and healthy

SApleco

Mar 11, 2012
australia
:hi:Anyone able to help out with IDing #'s 2 and 4 please?

4 is the smallest of the lot and for some reason was raised in a different tank to the rest and has the nicest colouring I think.

Thanks in advance

Clinton:beer:

SApleco

Mar 11, 2012
australia
So it looks like this....:D

#1 - Female:clap:
#2 - Female:woohoo:
#3 - Dominant Male:drool:
#4 - Young Male:thumbup:
#5 - Male:)
#6 - Female:yes:

Any suggestions for getting them to breed. :whistle:Are they best kept all together or split up for breeding purposes?

Clinton

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Give them time and TLC. Time and less interuptions. How long have they been in the tank now ?
Also agree with Brengun, last 2 F and small M

cheers jk :thumbup:

sky

Jun 20, 2011
Adelaide
I would keep them together I have 9 l202 and the just breed recently. I think if u leave them alone the will eventually bred. If u keep on flashing a light to see if they are breeding or not this will bug them alot. I know it can be hard sometimes but yeah leaving them alone is the best thing I think