Shrimp or Snails?

Jason20679

Mar 26, 2011
Crewe
Hi,

I was thinking of, maybe, getting some Shrimp or Snails but with the fish i got (sed below) I'm not sure which to get if i can.
Any ideas?

Thanks

J

AndyEllard

Jan 27, 2010
Leamington Spa. UK
Clown Loach eat snails so I wouldn't bother with them. The Cichlids could be a problem with shrimp aswell. If you have enough cover then Cherry Shrimp should be ok.

jessonthenet

Oct 16, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Sure I have spoke to you somewhere else before? Fred the red is a good name for a cardinal, also notice you have the whole set from Rainbow going on lol.

Maybe get another tank or remove the loaches, biggest threat.

Jason20679

Mar 26, 2011
Crewe
Sure I have spoke to you somewhere else before? Fred the red is a good name for a cardinal, also notice you have the whole set from Rainbow going on lol.

Maybe get another tank or remove the loaches, biggest threat.
Hi,

Fred the red was named by the kids cos he was the only cardinal in tank. It was Fred the red and The Tiddlers.
I named my L229 George when i got him and when asked what i'm going to call the Clown Loaches i said "Don't know. Rod, Jane and Freddie i think" and it went from there with the cast of Rainbow.

Thanks

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
agree with the others, loaches and cichlids aint a good mix for snails and shrimp, as they are natural predators and those items their food source. Would get a seperate tank. cheers jk :thumbup:

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
wise man, always good to do research before doing. Better than spending money and then seeing it being gobbled up :wb: cheers jk :thumbup: