sick molly now

Tener ds

Mar 22, 2010
Crawley (uk)
hi,one of my 2 mollys is very thin.the other one is ok.they both eat ok but the thin one just floats around the tank instead of swimming,he is still alive,just.
i think he might be dead by the time i get up tomorrow.
all the water tests come back ok,the tank gets a 10% wc every 2 days and the fish are feed 3x a week.nowt has been changed or added.i dont know whats going on after the neons dieing and now this,cant work out whats wrong.
all the fish in my edge are fine,not lost any in this tank,and it gets the same treatment as the other tank.

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
i know you have had some troubles but this may be unrealted. I have had over 100 mollys and they are really strange to say the least. No matter how perfect the water or what types of diet every now and then one would die, one would get a something else or 6 would die in one go.
There is also alot of debate as to if they should be kept as tropical fish as most look more beautiful and stay healther in full marine conditions. I have kept mine in an array of conditions and the best result was in brackish water. However fresh water was second. I had close contact with people who kept them in full marine and never had trouble.
This may have something to do with the fact that they are such a gentic mix and match!

How this helps?
I found taking a sick molly into a 30ltr tank and dosing with a 3 table spoons of salt helped cue alot of problems.

Also I cant say for sure that it is unrealted to your cardinal deaths but considering everything else is ok I'm thinking it is pulling a molly death star trick on you.

I have read alot about salt being a bad fish keepers tool but believe me good can never be good enough for these guys.

hope he makes it though

cc

Tener ds

Mar 22, 2010
Crawley (uk)
Well I just got a text from misses, not good. She got him out with the net, what was left of him. She spotted my L134 eating him...:(

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
hard to say. maybe it was old age, or iw was another male that got beaten up etc. sorry for your loss. monitor the others now and keep and eye on them. cheers jk :thumbup:

Tener ds

Mar 22, 2010
Crawley (uk)
well i only have 1 more molly in the tank.
all thats left in this tank,1 L134,1 L081,1 molly,2 tetras,2 ottos,5 amano shrimp and some snails.

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
Bad news that always sucks.don't loose hope and fingers crossed that as bb said it was old age etc.
Respects cc