Slight problem

Scrapman53

Apr 21, 2009
Fife Scotland.
I had this over at PF aswell, I think it may be something to do with vBulletin and wondering if there's a setting to change it.
Say I'm at work eg. I read a few posts on the forum, then close the my browser. All the sub forums that were indicating I had unread threads don't show up the next time I come back to the forum, so it wcould be quite easy to miss a thread or a reply somewhere. Is there a way of changing this so that they are still indicated unread till you read them? I use Firefox browser Btw.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
weird, i never had that problem on PF with firefox. Ill try and find out where the problem lays:yes:

Is this when you open browser again at work or when you get home?

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
I had this over at PF aswell, I think it may be something to do with vBulletin and wondering if there's a setting to change it.
Say I'm at work eg. I read a few posts on the forum, then close the my browser. All the sub forums that were indicating I had unread threads don't show up the next time I come back to the forum, so it wcould be quite easy to miss a thread or a reply somewhere. Is there a way of changing this so that they are still indicated unread till you read them? I use Firefox browser Btw.
i've found the same things happen on mine, but only if I leave it long enough it logs me out (if you know what i mean, like over the 30 mins that PF leaves you logged in).

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
try going to tools, options, privacy,private data setting and uncheck authenticated sessions.

I added a tick to one of my boxes and have had problems with kind of the same thing, but can't remember exactly which one it was but could possibly be the one i just said above.