Spawing like crazy

Art_Gal

Jun 23, 2011
New Jersey
I have 6 Sterbai's and their spawing like crazy! I did my usual pwc on Monday and today they're laying eggs like there's no tomorrow. My angelfish are eating the eggs faster than I can remove them :whistle: I thought they were supposed to spawn the day after a pwc :dk:

Art_Gal

Jun 23, 2011
New Jersey
Its crazy in there. Wednesday they spawned...Friday they spawned...Saturday they spawned. Today is finally a "rest" day for them :clap:

Out of my 4 corys that hatched last Sunday, 2 died during night and 1 looks as though it isn't going to make it. I noticed 3 of them would randomly come up to the top, stop and then slowly sink/float down, so I wasn't surprised to find 2 dead this morning. I thought that was strange behaviour. I don't think they're eating. I put a bit of filter mulm in today hoping that they would have some added nutrients along with their fry food. And I am changing the water regularly and trying to keep everything clean. I also pulled a bunch of leaves with eggs out of my main tank and I have those in a different fry saver. About half of the eggs fungused overnight. I got rid of those. I have about 12 or 13 eggs left. I'll keep at it.

Last edited: