Spectracanthicus Murinus

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
Just aquired these stunners, arrived in the country 3 weeks ago but didn't travel well so have been eagerly waiting for them to get in shape.

I'm hoping I have a pair, they seem to have different head shapes.
One is 9cm and the other is 8cm TL. They are showing stress coloulartion at present.

Any ideas?

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
now theres a cracking looking fish, cant wait to see them when they are properly settled.
one of them does seem to be fairly wide on the hips compared to the other, so i would say its looking good for a pair

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
wow stunning indeed <3 . poss Baryancistrus sp L219 ? I also agree there is a definate headshape difference and seem a pair. cheers jk :thumbup:

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
wow stunning indeed <3 . poss Baryancistrus sp L219 ? I also agree there is a definate headshape difference and seem a pair. cheers jk :thumbup:
I'm 99.9% sure on the ID, Jozebs has just had a Brazil shipment including some of these and they are the definitely the same. They also have an impressive set of teeth, lol.

They appear to be adult size so a bit more fattening up and you never know your luck :whistle:

Cheers everyone

Gem

Joby

Retired Staff
Aug 9, 2009
West Midlands
Do seem to be 2 different shapes there and also one has quite hairy pectorals so fingers crossed and look forward to seeing them out of stress colours :clap: