T5 Lighting On juwel 180

dOOds

Sep 26, 2009
UK
Hi All...For some reason today my dual/juwel T5 lighting decided to give up the ghost.When its plugged in it goes to turn on then stays off.Plug it in again and it tries to switch on again.Has anyone any experience with this problem? i removed the switch from the plug,changed fuze.Is there another like fuze inside i could og missed?? Any advice would be appreciated.Cheers.

dOOds

L273

Oct 5, 2010
worcester, UK
i've had this problem recently with my T5's. i kept turning the switch on and it was if the light kept flickering whilst making a very strange buzz noise. i just cut the switch off and reconnected the wires to the plug and now the lights are fine. if you've tried that and the problem persists try getting new tubes or consult you LFS.

Last edited:

Sambo

Aug 21, 2011
uk
This has just happened to me for the second time!!! although i think i have the answer....
the first time a vision 180 i ended up hacking the thing to pieces in the end and replaced with arcadia, the starters fit snugly in the old juwel casing but a little longer than a month ago the same happened on the vision 260! I had it in my head that somehow the seals must be letting in water (condensation), I unplugged, removed the bulbs, put my lighting piece on the radiator (a pain as it was such a hot summer this year) for three hours, I then replaced the bulbs and fitted the unit then never looked back until reading this, maybe this can help.. I'm sure I'll do it again if it happens.

D-MAC

Jul 24, 2009
Lossiemouth
www.danditropicals.co.uk
Juwel did go through a bad period when the T5 light units were made outwith Germany...They have now returned the manufacturing back to Germany and the issue now seems to be resolved...Have you tried 2 new tubes yet? if you have and the unit still fails, then its dead...The new T5 units are going to come with light tubes as part of the purchase, but there will be loads of older units without tubes still for sale...It will take a while to filter out all the old stock thats still out there for sale.