Tank setups

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
:hi: all

New tank with fish in.

Tank with the Pictus in.

Tank with Spencer in.

We did the gravel change in Spencers tank as advised and it worked a treat, in fact he has been out and about : D Eventually the new tank and Spencers tank will have plants in : D

Bubbles

Apr 23, 2009
Milton Keynes
Thanks all :D

I agree about the plants and wood. We will get Spencer some plants first as we will hopefully have some tankmates for him at the weekend.
Then the big tank will have some to, its just finding the right piece of wood the fish can swim in and out of and is ok with the commons.

Spencer's tank and the pictus tank are 106 litres : D

Apr 27, 2009
Middle Earth
:woohoo:
Looking Good Marcy, love the colour of the gravel in the 6ft
Spencers tank looks very natural, can't wait to find out what Tankmates you get, with Plants, remember if there bunched remove the lead weight and if need be use yarn to tie the plants together while the roots establish, if potted remove the pot and all the nasty fibre they pack the roots with :( i can recommend Amazon Broadsword, hardy with good sized leaves and steady growth, Spencer will enjoy cleaning the leaves for you. if your looking for more grass type plants Sagittaria is nice.
They had some nice wood in my LFS last time i was in, a really nice big piece (£60+) i really liked but i measured it and it won't go through the tops of my 6ft :(

Pete

May 19, 2009
North wales
very nice set ups so far would look great with bogwood with java fern on it :clap: you can tie the fern to it yourself with thread
Pete