tankmates?

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
I was just wondering what you guys would consider good tankmates?

Mainly we are looking for some tanks mates for the big fella, the 2 L001's, 3 clown loaches and one blue ram. Anything not small is fine (we don't want small fish in this tank ie.guppies) Tank is 6x2x2.

Was possibly thinking some Geo's.

any ideas please.

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
Pair of pike cichlids, but then you would have to be careful what else you put in, although not particularly aggressive they will eat anything that will fit in there mouths. i just think they are a little bit different.

bre

Apr 21, 2009
Newcastle, Australia
Thanks for the suggestions :)

Red spotted gold Severums/Gold Severums/Firemouths will all complement Geos nicely. Other one's I really think set a tank off is a good shoal of Boesmani Rainbows.
I've only ever seen gold severums and green severums here in aus. I'll have to scout around for the red spotted ones to see if they are over here, they look quite nice.

Rabbit

Retired Staff
Apr 21, 2009
Auckland, NZ
Hey bre the red spotted are here in aus, bayfish sell them as gold but iv had albino, plain gold, and the beautiful red spotted gold that i have myself come through from them.
Other then those mentioned above, Festivums, Bannded leporinus, scatophagus (not red), Flag tail dianema, M. Vittatus, Black lancer cat, P. Gudgeon, thats about all i can think of that is readily available atm.
HTH