Tips for membership approval

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
Tips for membership approval-

With major numbers of spammers seeking membership approval recently it is very hard sometimes to spot the bonafide members.

1. Make sure your forum name is obvious. If its something like xtrAlke003976 its not going to even be checked by me. Straight into the banned list.

2. Make sure you confirm your email. If its sits idle without confirmation for more than a week it will drop out and you will have to re-apply.

3. Don't have an email like f+00l. n. mo @gmail.com. It is very unlikely I am going to even bother checking that. Into the banned list it might go. Most I do check but with hundreds of them I might not.

4. Answer the location question. BTW Christmas Island isn't going to make it to membership. For those overseas who don't know, its the detention center for illegal Australian immigrants.

5. Answer the what pleco do you want question. Not sure is fine as an answer but blank or 123456 is not likely to make it for membership.

We do our best and most of the time this forum is spam free. Enjoy your forum. :)

Pirarucu

Jan 6, 2010
Gold Coast (Queensland)
I notice spam has been terrible here for months now and seems to be getting worse and also the vBulletin version is 3.8.2 but if you upgrade it to 4.2 you can use a add-on called GlowHost Spam-O-Matic to help with spam and maybe go to CAPTCHA registration for extra security to stop spamming...i really don't know what security this site uses to stop spammers if it's just Q&A's for registration it doesn't seem to be doing the trick atm and maybe sometime this site might have to take more decisive actions into registrations i know the moderators are picking thru registrations to stop spamming but this can be time consuming at-least someone is doing it or it would be 10X worse...just my thoughts.

Pirarucu

Jan 6, 2010
Gold Coast (Queensland)
The most guests online over 24 hours was 3,830, Today at 02:39.
Visitors (3,382), MSNBot Spiders (59), Google Spiders (13).

It's crazy isn't it...but keep up the good work and well done knocking over 700 of them :clap:...you got about 3000 to go :whistle:...still a good effort for 4hrs work...may the force be with you...*sw*