Top tank L066 sexing.

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
Man I am hopeless sexing these things lol.

A while ago I put what I thought were a pair of L066 up in the top tank to breed.
About a week later I bought 3 adult L066 which were pretty skinny but initially I thought might be 3 males.

Well they bred a couple of week ago. The alpha male from the pair is this guy as I have the previous photos to prove. Heres a pic taken yesterday. He is 10.5cm. Good looking fella hey? <3

Well heres the other half of the "pair" I put in there lol. It is a 10cm HE!!!!

Darker shot of him shows loads of hairy bum. Told you I was a hopeless sexer.

Now to the 3 skinny adult "males' I put in there. :whistle:

I think this 11cm beauty might be a female. Here's some of her photos I took yesterday and the last pic is with the alpha male. Waddya think?

Female on right?

Now this other skinny one now fattened up a bit looks a bit similar in head to the previous one but has quite long chewies, quite long odontodes on the front fins, feels coarse to feel but the photos didn't really pick up a hairy butt. I THINK this 11.5cm one may be a male? I didn't think at the time to get a vent shot sorry.

I am really not sure about it but I have tucked it away in another tank for a while with the lesser male. If fry turn up I will know its not a male. :lol:

Here's the third of the skinny three. Its only 9cm and somehow I think it might be a girl as well. Correct me if I am wrong. :D

BTW spm78 the skinny three were those you sold me. You'll be kickin yourself if it turns out they were a trio. :whistle:

bigal66

Jun 18, 2010
wanneroo perth wa
stunning fish as always, i remember you posting a while ago about a yellow version of the 66,s..........i have what i assume to be a female yellow 66.
any chance you could post a pic of the fish.
cheers alan