two i.d's please!!

thermalthong

May 29, 2012
Essex
Hi all, i have looked through the profiles on this site for plec's but i am stumped on one i have so was hoping someone could i.d it for me?

first is a Royal Pleco but unsure of what one! (also have one with red eyes)

and then this one!

any info welcome!!! thanks.

Derek

Apr 27, 2012
Edinburgh
The panaque is L191 and sure about the second one maybe a butterfly plec(L168)? I'm sure someone here will have the correct id for you.

Last edited:

thermalthong

May 29, 2012
Essex
shop i bought it from said it was a black and white butterfly pleco but looking on google the colours are to sharp for that to be the same as mine, it looks like the candy stripe to me comparing the pics. how confusing! he is a great little fish, would just like to have a positive i.d for him though.

hullfishman

Apr 26, 2009
hull
second fish looks like a dekyseria ( not sure if thats how you spell it ) looks to be too flat to be a peckoltia but i might be wrong

thermalthong

May 29, 2012
Essex
yay! think we have it! l168 seems a strong match! are these quite rare as i have never ever seen one before in any of the fish shops i have visited in my time as a fishkeeper? he is mostly in his rock cove apart from when food is around but does occasionally move about!

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
168's are not rare in australia... plenty about... usually get them for $50 each round 5-7cm size.... sometimes a little more depending on size and if you have a pair/colony/breeders.....