voting

jessonthenet

Oct 16, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Just noticed that you can view the voting results before you vote. Thinking this could alter how people vote. Results shouldn't be visible until voting is finished to make it fair and get rid of potential tactical voting. eg voting for the underdog or trying to even up the voting to make it more interesting etc.

Just a thought.

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
cant really see why anyone would vote for 1 over another based on which one is behind, they could, i just dont see why they would:dk:

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
i vote for best pic if your were asking me
but i was under the empression that the results of pic comps are shown after the individual votes?

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
There is an option to view results before you vote but I don't think I've ever used it to sway my decision, I vote for the best pic too

xingu

Apr 26, 2009
DXB
There is an option to view results before you vote but I don't think I've ever used it to sway my decision, I vote for the best pic too
Anyone that doesn't should have a long hard look at themselves in the mirror!

jessonthenet

Oct 16, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Well I vote for the best pictures too. :)

Not starting any more silly threads, didn't actually expect a response. I could start a thread "why do people get bored" or "why do people think it is funny to start stupid threads when they are bored".

I know the forum isn't corrupt. I will stop insinuating as not sure my humour is the same as others. lol sorry.

Being serious , don't see why you are able to see the vote results before you vote but nobody is really bothered and neither am I really.

I seriously am bored now and will definitely pack it in.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
The photo comps are mainly for fun and a chance to show off any good pictures you might of taken. Even in anonymous comps, its not difficult for people to harvest votes by telling people which is their pic. I don't see an issue with being able to see the voting score so far. Theres only so much you can do imo.

Maybe I shouldn't vote as I set it up and know who each photo belongs to, hmm maybe I should vote for the nearest place to send prize to save on postage, sorry im kidding:D

Its a bit of a bummer however running the photo comp all the time as I don't feel i should enter :(

Joby

Retired Staff
Aug 9, 2009
West Midlands
I don't see why you shouldn't enter the competition? Surely we all vote for the best one so even if you did win it would be deserved as it would be the best in an overall majority :yes: