Qty available:- 2-4

Price:-?

Postage/shipping available?:-?

Location(if pick up only)?:- Colchester

Photos:-
(Optional)

L777

Hi

Mine are all genuine 100% L183 guarenteed. Sold loads on this forum in the past many happy customers never any complaints. Adults still have the white seams in tact and the dorsal ray count is correct. Only true L183's retain the white seam into adult hood.

Currently have about 100 or so in total of varying ages and bloodlines. The two breeding colonies I have consist of one group of wild caught fish and another of tank bred F1'S grown on from wild caught parents bred by Elaine in Edingburgh initially. So its more a question of what you want really and are willing to pay for obviously. I can send a mixture of bloodlines to establish a colony of good breeding stock for the future, in either fry (apox 1" and non sexable) or sub adults (aprox 3" and sexable).

I won't post adults so if its a breeding pair or sub adults you want you'll have to collect, happy to post fry though once there a couple of months old (£17.50 overnight). The fry I normally sell at £12 each. They take about 2 yrs to reach sexual maturity in favourable conditions.

For non proven sexable sub adults I would expect £25 each and for a proven breeding pair I'd want £150. I'd be open to offers on a group of 3 males and 2 females which are all proven breeders.

That may seem steep but it's only that high because the returns once breeding are also very high when you consider the potential earnings of a breeding pair with an average brood size of 25-30 fry every couple of months. And in any event I'm not really in a rush to sell my proven breeders but would consider it if the price is right to make room for future colonies.

Regards Chris.

Last edited:

lukemhughes1988

May 23, 2014
colchester
Cool how far from london are you if your not to far could I come meet you how long till the fry are ready and did you say you cant tel the sex of the adults

lukemhughes1988

May 23, 2014
colchester
Yes I did read it but id does not say if fry are ready or not and it does not say how far from london you are and id have 4-5 fry to breed them but id prefermto pick up rather than post ifmyour notmto far im nit surenwere dunstable is hench y I ask

L777

Ok.

I will only trade as per the advice on this forum whereby if your collecting we arange a public meeting place. You can check out the advice that I heed here:-

http://www.plecoplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11199

I do have fry ready but bear in mind I am not a shop so you will not get an option to choose your fish. If you want that I can tell you the name of my LFS who usually have some of my fish in stock and you can pay their prices. Rest assured that I only sell fish I'd be happy to own myself.

Regards, Chris.

lukemhughes1988

May 23, 2014
colchester
Ok cool well im thinkin around after the 26th or next month if ok with you I will message you nearer the time and arrange something also how much are your blue phantoms and snowballs please

L777

Hi,

Can't guarentee I'll have any left and I don't reserve fish for anyone, sorry been caught out like this in the past, so now it's strictly first come first serve.

The other plec's I have aern't for sale, it has (or was) just been tradition on here to add what your keeping to your signiture to give others an idea of your interests. To be honest I haven't updated it for a long time and the list is out of date anyhow but I still have most of them and then some.

I have a sultan and an inspector (both adult) that I'd sell if the price was right though and some L260 fry.

Regards, Chris.

Last edited: