What am I?

BluE SnipeR

Oct 11, 2009
Sydney
Alright guys Im back, 6 replies telling you they are l066s should be pretty spot on but I'm still a little confused as to how these two fish are the same. Have a look at the first photo, its the same as the top three but less stressed and the second photo I believe is an L066.

The problem we have here in Australia is that the source of these fish are unknown unless they come from a reliable breeder which we dont have too much of here. Something Im sure will get established down the years.
Anyway my larger male is on eggs at the moment and the few of the spotted guys are getting quite fat so just wanted to be 100% sure I am not crossing two species.

Cheers.

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
yes dog thats a possibility. well spotted -lol pun - I dont know how much L66 can vary in pattern, but both have the wide tail shape.

BluE SnipeR

Oct 11, 2009
Sydney
If they aren't 66's then I should take them out as they will definitely cross breed with them.
Might just have to split them for now, that way I can photograph them better as well.

Thanks for that link dog, it does look very similar.

BluE SnipeR

Oct 11, 2009
Sydney
Did some research on the L287 and its led me to a few threads saying that they are the same fish as the L399/400 which is what I always thought from the start.

Cheers.

Last edited: