What am i ?

DizzyMoo

Nov 2, 2010
E.Lancs
Hi all,
This gorgeous pleco came with my 3ft (spare) tank & i'm not sure what he/she is, I love watching plecs at work & this one so far has evicted a pair of cichlids from their den & claimed it as his own & not moved since haha. I did manage to get 'some' shots of him/her though.
I'm not clued up on plecs at all & just assume everything this colour with spots is a common lol So would appreciate a correct i.d :)

Below is the plec & his/her new home :)

Attachments

DizzyMoo

Nov 2, 2010
E.Lancs
Ooooh the gold spotted common looks very much like it actually, Just the tail fin on mine is more arched like half moon shaped. Would this vary per plec?
I've just googled & the pictures are almost identical .

Thank you !

JoePlec

Aug 27, 2010
Rainhill, Merseyside
Ooooh the gold spotted common looks very much like it actually, Just the tail fin on mine is more arched like half moon shaped. Would this vary per plec?
I've just googled & the pictures are almost identical .

Thank you !
To be honest you could do with a better pic, and a size of the fish. Theres a lot of different types. There will be someone on here that will confirm im sure because they will have the exact fish in their tank too.

DizzyMoo

Nov 2, 2010
E.Lancs
Not sure how else to get a better picture really.
I have a facial shot would that help at all, I'll try taking some more pictures now anyway & see if i can get a clearer picture, Thanks :)