What do you guys think?

Lornek8

Apr 21, 2009
Hawaii
First one looks a bit elongated to me for P. maccus. A Peckoltia of some sort possibly.
Second one i agree with Terry.

lcrazy

Oct 11, 2009
camden
The top 1 was sold to me as L270, That I know there not, It has a very nice colour pattern in real life , the tips of the fins are a peach colour and the body colour as per the photo, Im not sure why the peach colour hasent shown up,
And the second fish sold as L288, again unsure
Thanks for all responses so far, I appreciate it.

Stan

Apr 23, 2009
Shenzhen, China
I'm far from expert on Peckoltia but I'm sure they both are. bottom one is def. a L015 top one could be as well but I'm not 100% convinced.

lcrazy

Oct 11, 2009
camden
Thankyou all for your opinions , much appreciated, and may I ask where people have sourced there info, I am upto date with the L aqualog collection along with all supplements and also have BTN. Can anyone suggest any other descent books?
Again thanks to all, Merry Christmas

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Thankyou all for your opinions , much appreciated, and may I ask where people have sourced there info, I am upto date with the L aqualog collection along with all supplements and also have BTN. Can anyone suggest any other descent books?
Again thanks to all, Merry Christmas
Your better off throwing the aqualog in the bin as its riddled with mistakes and wrong ID,s. Back to Nature is pretty good and up to date also

Cheers

thegeeman

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
interesting if two very definite groups of these. I just thought they were 2 fish as colour variants of L15. def not L270 anyway. are they the same size?
maybe you could post some more pics of singles and the group with a ruler or something in sight to get feel of sizes too.?

lcrazy

Oct 11, 2009
camden
Definatly 2 different fish here, Fin structure eye shape and lenghth of the nose, not mention colour, L015 has different markings on there fins as apposed to the fins on what I am keeping, I understand that colours can vary in captivity,
I will get more photos, Clearer ones as I still dont think they are 15's, and not 127.

Kingtiger

May 4, 2009
Sydney Parramatta
The first one is questionable but the second one is no mistake look like L015 Peckoltia Vittata Candy-striped
This is a poor photos of L015 but I can take another one to compare yours as we have 4 various sizes.

lcrazy

Oct 11, 2009
camden
The first one is questionable but the second one is no mistake look like L015 Peckoltia Vittata Candy-striped
This is a poor photos of L015 but I can take another one to compare yours as we have 4 various sizes.
I purchased the L15 of Lealea as L202 and I have had no reson to doubt her due to her reputation, All good.
and another photo of the new pecoltia, Mike W has ID them as L278

P

Plecoboi

First fish to me looks like L278, identical to the pics of L278 on planetcatfish. It is definitely a rare peckoltia that has only just come up in Australia.

Second one is either L15 or L202, no doubt about it. Distinguishing between these two is extremely hard as they both look the same.