What to replace Angels with?

Wulf

Jan 17, 2012
Canberra
I have to get rid of my angels as they keep eating my endlers and Shrimp. However my 'better half' says the tank will then be boring.

So what can I put in with some L066's, Pepp Bn, RC Shrimp and Endlers to make my tank 'more attractive'. I obviously want to avoid the smaller fish being chomped upon.

Wulf

Jan 17, 2012
Canberra
Anything really, as long as it won't cross breed with the endlers or eat them. Obviously I will lose fry, but that is why I have a fry saver :)

xingu

Apr 26, 2009
DXB
I am digging Black Neons atm, big school of those.

Or Cardinals, obvious but attractive.

AusPleco

Retired Staff
Oct 1, 2011
Rural NSW
I always vouch for rummynose tetras i think they look quiet nice, if you want a bit of different character i think balloon mollies have alot of it :)

xingu

Apr 26, 2009
DXB
Popped into my local LFS last night, they had a massive shoal of 'Bloodfin Tetra' been years since I have seen them, looked great

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
wow, most tetras school and make a great display if you get 20 to 30. Depending on your tank size. I love the rummy nose, as they are also a water indicator,the redder the head, the better the water. Maybe go to your LFS and have a look, there are so many tetras etc around. cheers jk :thumbup: