What veg can i feed my plecs

plecmom

Jun 2, 2009
AB, Canada
My plec has recently gone bonkers for watermelon, never thought he'd like it. He got sick recently, so I thought I'd try, just to see if he'd finally eat.. it worked. I poked the seeds out with a scewer though.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
My plec has recently gone bonkers for watermelon, never thought he'd like it. He got sick recently, so I thought I'd try, just to see if he'd finally eat.. it worked. I poked the seeds out with a scewer though.
Thats good that it got him eating again:yes:
A lot of the time once they stop eating it can be very difficult to get them started again:(

plecmom

Jun 2, 2009
AB, Canada
Thats good that it got him eating again:yes:
A lot of the time once they stop eating it can be very difficult to get them started again:(
it was, he wanted nothing to do with his normals. Just so happened we were eating watermelon and a light went off in my head, so I dropped a piece in ;)

ani-mal-lvr

May 20, 2009
Wisconsin U.S.A.
it was, he wanted nothing to do with his normals. Just so happened we were eating watermelon and a light went off in my head, so I dropped a piece in ;)

A spoonfull of sugar eh? Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :lol:

When we have watermelon my fish get the rinds. But watermelon breaks down really fast and will foul yer water if left in to long.

As for pleco foods anything in the "Squash family" pumpkin, acorn, butternut, etc. is topz on the list of favorites at my house.

N2Biomes

Apr 21, 2009
CT USA
Most of my plecs love courgette or yellow squash. The Royals tend to like fresh yam best. One of my GNs loves Romaine lettuce. :)

Tony_s

May 4, 2009
Wisconsin
Picked a small Greenbean from the garden yesterday,softened up a little and used a fork and my plec loved it.

The Cukes and Zukes are awhile aways,but might have some lettuce in a week it looks like.