when to start feeding Cory fry

Rey

Feb 17, 2011
Texas
I have some eggs that I found in my tank :)and hatched them in a pickle jar they are on their second day as wigglers. When should I start feeding them. What should I feed them? I have earthworm based breeding food. Should I hatch BBS? Also should I move them into a seperate tank with sand?

JackGillett

Jan 10, 2010
Oxford
Hi Congrats on the fry I feed mine after the 2nd day on hikari first bites powder granular food. Seperate tank is good as the are very small for the first month

Rey

Feb 17, 2011
Texas
thanks, I've been feeding them Zoo Med fry and breeding flakes it is very fine flakes that basically turn into dust so far so good , as I have put them in a 2.5 gl acrylic yesterday . I put a few rocks that have algae and some plants hopefully to support any phytoplankton for them to eat as well. Still trying to figure out a safe way to vacuum any moldy crumbs that don't get eaten in there. been doing it with standard air tubing and emptying that into the glass jar they were in originally that way I can check if any got sucked in by mistake.

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
If you can get hold of frozen baby brine shrimp this goes down very well with cory fry and saves the mess of hatching yourself. You can see they are eating as their bellies go orange :)

Rey

Feb 17, 2011
Texas
thanks, I am going to try that since I will be buying some frozen brine tomorrow now that there is only 2 out of 6 that are living only one is really developed , not sure why the others died off they did look underdeveloped though but were eating and swimming well not sure if it because of water changes, I have been using pure RO/DI water mixed with about 1/5 HMA water or RO mineral additives. Only one really has coloration and eyes have turned black instead of white, I have three types of corys albinos, emeralds and reticulatus so not sure which spawned but they are looking to have a now emerald green belly, so they might be the emeralds but the other one looks like it has pinkish eyes so they could be albinos either way I'm happy.:)