Which L333's to keep?

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
Finally I think my colony is old enough to sex. There was 7 but somehow one must have died as I only found its bones.
I am thinking of keeping 2 males and whatever females I have and I am partial to the more scribbly look and whiter colors.
I have had a guess at sexes and will indicate which ones I am leaning to keeping.
As a temporary measure plec numbers 1,2,3 are in one tank and plecs 4,5 & 6 are in another to cut down any fighting.

What do you think? Do I at least have the sexing right?

Plec 1: 9cm male Most dominant. Thinking of selling it.

Plec 2: 9cm female. Keep.

Plec 3: 8cm male. Thinking of selling it.

Plec 4: 8.5cm male. I like the whiter look and may keep it.

Plec 5: 8cm male. I like his pattern and color as well. May keep him.

Plec 6: 7.5cm female. Keep.

C8lyn

Aug 3, 2010
Toowoomba, Qld
i agree with 2/5/6.

I wouldn't know if you're right about the sexing or not, but if you are right, I think that they're the nicest looking ones.

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
You have 2 variants of L333, 1,2,3 the goldens ones and 4,5,6 the black and white ones so IMO you are best keep them seperate. If it was me I would keep 1&2 together and 5&6 together and flog the rest.

I am suprised they havent spawned already looking at the females

Goodluck

thgeeman

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
Well for the moment 1.2.3 are happy in one tank and 4.5.6 are happy in another so I will leave everyone settle after such a tough photo shoot and see what happens.
I am shocking for selling excess plecs off. It rarely happens lol. Its like sellin ya kids!