zucchini cloud ?

mgr7686

Apr 6, 2012
Brisbane
Hi all

Just wonderinging if anyone else has had the problem where the zucchini cloudds up the tank ?
I put some in and went to work when i come home 9hrs later i noticed the water was a bit cloudy.
All the fish and fry are ok atm but i really dont want to risk it. I done a water change last night and 1 this morning. And its getting better but still a little bit cloudy.
Anyone got some tips on getting ride of the cloud?

Will this harm my fry/fish and how can i prepard the zucchini so it wont happen again. Freeze the zucchini first ?

Inspite of this problem the fry went crazy for it and i would like to keep feeding them it as from what i can gather its one of the best veggies to feed them and is good for there diet

THANKS
Michael

Last edited:

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
Hello,

I would not freeze zuchinni, being water based it will go soggy if you defrost.
I usually keep zuchinni in overnight for 12 hours with no problem at all. I do however not cut it lengthwise to expose the seeds , but chop it up like a carrot. My temps are at 29C. Maybe they devoured the stuff and the seeds got loose. The other option is to remove the seeds, which is the softer stuff. cheers jk :thumbup:

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
It is good for their diet but there are other veggies that are better. You don't really need to precook zuchinni at all or freeze. i never had problems with fresh and fry. If cooked will break down quicker. A lot of factors determine how quick veggies break down which is why we advise shorter periods of time especially to people new to using veg. Just make sure when you buy zuchinni that it is firm to touch and when you cut it there are little beads of juice appear on the cut bits. If they are starting to feel squiggy or soft then give em a miss.

Best way to remove cloudiness is with water changes

pepper28

Apr 15, 2011
new castle
ZUCHINI CLOUD

I froze zuchhini once and it actually shrivelled up in the freezer lol.
My zlbinos when i had them used to eat everything and now my peppermints will only eat the centre and not the skin.

have a look at this thread which was started by doodles. Quiet a few responses with what people are feeding their L's and what not.

http://www.plecoplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15626
HI,
My peppermints will only eat the skin and leave the centre,but I never freeze zuchini or tomatoes even for my own consumption as it kills the fruit an makes it invalid ,you want to keep it alive in the crisper and not for long as the older the zuchini gets it breaks down quicker and clouds the tank and its better to feed a little at a time thana whole chunk as you got you give the bacteria time to break the waste down too. cheers

Mooo

Aug 11, 2010
Jervis Bay, NSW, Au
I use about a 1/4 of a medium cuc per two adult plecos, cut in half and then I half that diagonally, giving me 4 longish(2inches+) per piece and that stays usually for 2 to 3 days max, never had any left going into the third day and thank goodness I have never had to see a clouded tank..

Zebra Pleco

Retired Staff
Nov 18, 2010
Gardenstown, NE Scotland
www.zebra-plec.com
Have to agree with all the above. I get a fresh zuccini from the supermarket, give it a quick wash, cut an inch on the ends and insert a fork or something stainless steel into, attatch a piece of cotton / thread and straight into the tank at lights out at night. In the morning, I just grab the thread / cotton and throw whatever is left straight into the bin.

Never had any problems with clouding etc in the past. As long as its fresh, it shouldn't decay in that much in 12/24 hours.

Bwhiskered

Feb 3, 2010
Canada
I used to feed zucchini but now I feed what they do in Europe. I buy a bag of frozen Brussels Sprouts. Thaw one in a cup of hot water and pull it apart. Alot less work and expense and more nutrition. The water stays better as well. Thats what Ingo feeds his plecos.

S

sohonicjywl

Processing that Belstaff Jackimprovements from the motorcycle jacket to global brand

this yr in the direction of the brand new Yr, You're capable to fashion week schedule is undoubtedly an 88-year-old British business from Stoke-on-Trent whose shined up motorcycle jackets possess the starriest of pedigrees.

Che Guevara used a signature jacket throughout his travels around South Usa. Legend has it that Steve McQueen, a devotee with the trademark inside the sixties, once cancelled to begin dating ? together with his girlfriend Ali McGraw due to the fact his jacket necessary waxing. Extra lately, Daniel Radcliffe continues to be costumed inside the label on-screen as Harry Potter, and Julia Roberts has needed to putting on them back-set.

Belstaff could be the best British luxury heritage label you might effectively under no circumstances have come across. That, even so, is going to adjust. welcome for the site of links Custom Belstaff Leather Biker Jacket Blouson - M

This previous year, Belstaff acquired a brand new Boss, the American businessman Harry Slatkin. Slatkin, which has designed a considerable fortune since the major title in america house scent marketplace, introduced along his closest buddy as agent in the direction of the board to help develop a significant style brand. His best friend's title? Tommy Hilfiger.

The Brand New That you are able to catwalk show is only the oncoming of Slatkin's ambition for Belstaff. The coming year, the enterprise will open a flagship shop on New Bond Street close to 26,000 sq ft. (To contextualise: the imposing Lv retailer, opened up to good fanfare 2 yrs ago, is 20,000 sq ft.) The store has set an archive that are much more expensive retail room ever leased operating in london.

To increase Belstaff's likelihood of emulating Burberry's achievement, its new American proprietors have hired an outdated Burberry designer, named Martin Cooper. They have even given him specifically the identical portentous title - 'Chief Inventive Officer' - as Burberry's thoughts designer, Christopher Bailey. So could Belstaff function as the new Burberry, and Cooper the brand new Bailey?

Biking within a belstaff jackets outlet
wide-armed smaller dress or khaki miniskirt-suit may be terribly not sensible, but functionality seriously will not be the objective of this new Belstaff. Cooper's short - performed extremely properly within this collection - will be to reinterpret the business's utilitarian style classics into luxurious clothes and add-ons which will promote in boutiques and retailers about the globe.

Joshua Schulman, leader of Bergdorf Goodman, stated following the present: "It functions. Also it was wonderful."

Tommy Hilfiger, a classic friend of Belstaff's owner Harry Slatkin, was about the front row as well. He stated: "I've been obsessed by Belstaff jackets for a lengthy time. It is a great brand."

So be cautious, Burberry - Belstaff is originating to you, full-throttle.

List in women's wardrobe, Belstaff Fall and Winter patterns have beautiful leather jackets, leather boots and puffa jackets - excellent to mix with this specific season's have to have' luxurious supplies! As Belstaff Jackets match the fall season, it is a fashion to look new jacket on the web, adapt for riding and strolling, making use of the unique thin function, people prefer belstaff jacket in lieu of north encounter jacket both reflect in shopping on the net and true retailer.

Suit for hiking and riding, Belstaff Jacket with luxury design well-liked by youngers, age array among 20-thirty year-old. For youthful women, Belstaff Jacket may well be the unique type for men and women who approach of style types. Not everyone call for a jacket, but Belstaff Jackets could possibly be the ultimate. Combination of good quality, enhanced comfort they extend for that method coupled with the newest designs they offer all ensure that they're most likely probably the most desirable posts for you personally. Nevertheless you have to 't be rash within your selection of the Belstaff jacket. Finding option from the amount of aspects may be incredible for that shopping. The initial only 1 can be the actuality the reality that jacket you purchase need to suit collectively with each other along with your technique entirely in addition to the next topic can be the actuality that by any implies situations glance even though applying newest patterns. It could possibly be the proven fact that retailer nevertheless maintains some although employing choices that have formerly gone from marketplace styles and nonetheless the excellence when working with products could induce somebody to purchase for them. inside the execute it won't glance incredible within your circumstance putting on some outdate while expensive garments and develop to become the concentrate on from the level of caustic feedback.

Else than transporting them more than during ride, it is potential to place on these jackets with any outdated outfit style with absolute self-confidence and elegance. These jackets complement each single dress material, getting fully a component into it. These jackets are created keeping a significant concentrate on detail and excellence of supplies employed.

The designer utilized their modish procedures with intend of individuals jackets to make sure they may be stand distinguished applying their corporation brands. Getting a rich choice of leather on top of that to shined up-cotton make, style fanatics get the idea that basic essentials ideal ones on their behalf.

Belstaff Jacket
flaunt a wealthy heritage on top of that to a-list Hollywood qualifications. These jackets are an embodiment of luxury and adventure. Together, you could involve chic for the ride.

Belstaff supplies on the web strategy to facilitate the client in reaching them who've been contemplating buying on the web. Belstaff on line deliver the specifications of the people about the globe at cost-effective cost. They facilitate you with absolutely free freight and low cost prices in your purchase. You'll get the information about belstaff items and shops by way of world wide web. You could possibly also see the designs which are made by professional designers for belstaff.

The storyline of methods the Belstaff fall ad campaign identified be is like our fantasy of Mr. McGregor amazingly recognizing that we¡¯re what¡¯s been missing from his existence a lot of years (but devoid of the portion where we¡¯re genuinely concerned by any suggests). No stranger about the campaign front (he superbly starred in advertisements for Davidoff in 2008), Ewan seriously went immediately after the recently relaunched Brit brand themself! Boss Harry Slatkin, who appears like the very best amazing cat, recounts the process:

¡°Ewan McGregor approached me soon just after we purchased Belstaff by obtaining an e mail entitled ¡°Born To Ride¡±. Together with his really like from the trademark along with the natural rugged visual look he could be a natural to turn out to be our lead male for that campaign.¡±

A take-charge kinda man with rugged visual appearance? We¡¯d should agree with all accounts. And ¡®Born to Ride?¡¯ Genius. An individual have that man a workplace on Madison Avenue STAT. Even better, get him a workplace appropriate alongside ours. Ta!