2. International L-numbers Days in Hannover (Germany)

L-ko

Global Moderators
Staff member
Oct 15, 2010
Weimar, Germany
www.welsfans.de
Hi,

even though not everything is ready, we have a booth to present you our new page: 2nd L-Number Days
If anyone should find errors, please send an email to Andi (andreas.tanke@l-wels-tage.de) or a PM me.
Registration for the event will start at the beginning of 2011.

Greetings
Elko

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
Now this would beat a trip to any LFS?

i am willoing to sort out cheap hotels if people want to go i would sugest a few could share?

Regards Bob

L-ko

Global Moderators
Staff member
Oct 15, 2010
Weimar, Germany
www.welsfans.de
Hallo,

As far as we are very satisfied with the number of registrations.
Meanwhile, the registrations and the payments diverge.
In this context I would like to point out that the early bird rate is of course only if registration and payment are received in early-bird-time.

Please book the room at the hotel in early-bird-time
During the early booking phase is a block of rooms blocked for us. For bookings from the quota are special conditions: further information on accommodation.

Greetings
Elko

xingu

Apr 26, 2009
DXB
Steve, think this will be better than the thing that me, you and Bev went to near Wakey? ;)

Looks awesome, little bit far for me, if it was in Berlin or Amsterdam I may have made an exception..

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
ok can you please do us all a favour. Those who are going take some photos to share with us mere mortals so far away please ? thanks heaps jk:thumbup:

SilverDub

Apr 27, 2009
I'm seriously considering driving over there for this event. Can anyone confirm how far it is from Amsterdam? I've driven there plenty of times just want to get an idea of whats in store for the journey.

Anyone wanting to be co-pilot is more than welcome might even be able to drop into one of Europes largest wholesalers on the way back Ruinnamens near Utrecht. I have family in Almera Netherlands so can crash over night there if need be.

Let me know if your tempted (i'll be setting off from Essex)

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
If you are serious Nick is planning on booking and driving over so there will be space in the car thats negotiable this way some fishies can be easily brought home
Jo

I will have a chat to you at the meet in Oct see if u still have a space.

Regards Bob

L-ko

Global Moderators
Staff member
Oct 15, 2010
Weimar, Germany
www.welsfans.de
Hi,

FRIDAY, Nov 04, 2011

... Was because all of you? :D
I've brought a few pictures

Meeting room at the Ramada hotel was empty yet.
Well, not quite - on all the tables were the articles distributed for the meeting packets. Hard-working hands sorted this.
Those who came earlier, was "allowed" to join in. Thanks to all who have helped us. :thumbup:

More and more visitors came ...

... and picked up your conference packets.
Apologies that this is not quite go so perfectly.
The next time we are better. :thumbsup:

When will the event begin at last?

Ingo Seidel, Oliver Frank (President of IG BSSW), Andreas Tanke started the event.

Sandor Tüllmann done the translation. (People from right to left.)
About 140 guests from 16 countries had arrived.
Our most widely-traveled guests came from New Zealand.

In the first lecture of the day Hans-Georg Evers introduced us to different catfish biotopes.

First, he takes us to Peru.

Hans-Georg told for example believes that he has observed that he Panaque-babies in the upper reaches of rivers,
medium-sized animals in the middle reaches and large met in the main streams. It is thus obvious that the sexually mature Panaque first swim to spawn in the headwaters of rivers.
Anyone who provides a corresponding river bed with you ... :D

Another frequently asked question is whether Panaque sp. "L 418" x and Panaque titan are the recently described the same?
The two look very similar. A distance of more than 800 km between the place of catch, however, speaks against it.

We went to the habitats of the Rio Tapajos.
In particular, it should be mentioned that HansPeckoltia compta (L 134) encountered in a rather calm waters and not in the flow field.

One of the topics at the Hans fights as a Don Quixote tilting at windmills is the dam of Belo Monte.
Look also:
Janne Ekstrøm "The Belo Monte project, the world’s third largest hydroelectric dam, will be one of the biggest disasters of mankind in history"

To be continued

Last edited: