Photos:-
(Optional)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
only what someone is prepared to pay for them..... IMO not worth much more than good quality standard L333's... there isnt much demand for them -> they definitely look better in the flesh than any picture i have seen of them but to be honest not my cup of tea....

Nat's Fish

Nov 14, 2011
I think if you look at the prices they have sold for in the past they are definitely worth a lot more than standard L333 & rightly so in my opinion.
I think it's awesome there is something different out there.
If I had the tank room I would buy the lot

You're right about how they look in the flesh. Great looking plecos!

Nat's Fish

Nov 14, 2011
I know fry have sold for $800-1000 in the past but things have changed I know
The market has been burnt with a lot of people wanting quick cash but I hope something different and rare holds it's value a bit more
Good luck with the sale mate :)

L397

Jan 15, 2013
Sydney
Thanks to all for info,
Like Natsfish says, rare should hold its value, I guess like anything, they are worth what ever someone is willing to pay for them at the time and that depends on how much someone wants something so rare.
They are on the market and will accept reasonable offers.
I would like to think they go to someone who will and can look after them andbreed them in
the future.

Nat's Fish

Nov 14, 2011
I wouldn't mind an albino Zeb but I guess it's kind of pointless when they are the best looking catfish around the way they are

L397

Jan 15, 2013
Sydney
They are not purely without a pattern as such, they have an almost Henna pattern to them when they are not stressed. See it quite a lot when they are moving around tank but hard to get photo of it.
I guess some people like the natural colours and some like the rarer colours or traits.

Bigjohnnofish

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 15, 2010
Perth, Western Australia
There are leucistic L46 pleco out there, somehow it never catches on. Personally I prefer the black and white pattern, that is what people like about them in the first place.
i have seen some from singapore... all white but with a slight different white for the stripes in the dorsal fin when you look at them at the right angle... call em ghost plecs...

Last edited: