L66?

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
its a crackers thats for sure, reminds me of one of my breeding L066's pattern wise.

and by the way i still reckon its a male not female

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
really a male? it has always been that fat and compared to my other male its bald, i know it has cheek hair but hardly any on its pec rays and none whatso ever on any other part of its body. well if thats the case anyone want to swap for a female lol

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
really a male? it has always been that fat and compared to my other male its bald, i know it has cheek hair but hardly any on its pec rays and none whatso ever on any other part of its body. well if thats the case anyone want to swap for a female lol
hence asking for more pics, looking at that one id go with male :yes:

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
any chance you can get genital pics?
Does anyone actually go by the genitals for hypans?. Windy was talking about sexing my 316,s this way because they all look fat and hairy.

Just wandering if people have had success this way. Looking in the L numbers book it says their bits can vary alot:huh:

FF if you can get a pic from the top I will be able to tell you the sex of your male 66

Cheers

thegeeman

cup

Retired Staff
May 6, 2009
Berkeley, CA
316 males have a lot of hair on their backsides, females not so much.

I would say that FFs fish is a female. That's not all THAT hairy for a girlie. Males tend to be very exaggeratedly male, especially for one that is in such good condition.

Mark

Jul 30, 2009
Boston Spa, U.K.
L066

I'm almost scared to post a pic of my L066 female, incase someone says its not an L066. She's been breeding nicely for the last three months with a couple of male L066.

FF, Like I mentioned when we had a chat earlier, she is very pale compared to the males, but very chunky and not too hairy. Doesn't look far off yours, dimension-wise (not necessarily pattern-wise!).

Cheers,
Mark.

Rabbit

Retired Staff
Apr 21, 2009
Auckland, NZ
FF it is a 66 no doubt, as for sex it would be easier if you could get another photo.
The pectoral fins are quite thick but lack much odontode growth and the chew seems quite minimal.

FF MkII

Retired Staff
Apr 28, 2009
North Yorks
Pretty sure its a female now. its been in a cave with the male for the past 48 hours and just came out alive, so im guessing if it was a male it would have been ripped to shreads. no eggs though.......i think lol

thegeeman

Apr 21, 2009
In the house of gee
Pretty sure its a female now. its been in a cave with the male for the past 48 hours and just came out alive, so im guessing if it was a male it would have been ripped to shreads. no eggs though.......i think lol
Yeap. A male wouldnt stay in the cave for more than a few minutes

Cheers

thegeeman

st24rsap

Apr 21, 2009
UK
yep be safe to say its a female then lol :clap:

as gee says if it didnt come out after 5 mins and is all well after 48hrs id be happy to go with a female :yes:

you will be able to tell if she spawned from her stomache as she was very plump before

Mark

Jul 30, 2009
Boston Spa, U.K.
good sign

Hi FF,
There could be eggs in there, get yer torch out! No, seriously, be careful with using the torch too much, it can spook the male to kick out his spawn.

The male can keep his clutch tight to his mouth, making it extremely difficult to see, especially in a small cave.

Fingers crossed,
Mark.