Pictures of L289 ancistrus requested

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
Hi, I was sold this one a few years ago and told by the d shop it was L289. I have no reason to disbelive it. but have no expert to veryify it either.
I have this lonely male, have been trying to locate another one for years.
he is very difficult to photo but on ocasion has come out in the daylight - but not time to clean glass etc so usually awful shots.
here is one taken a year ago

here are a couple bad shots taken yesterday, his bristles are looking good and you can count the rays on his back if that helps. also see spiny pec fin
If I can get any better ones i will try.
will clean the glass today and hope he comes out.
the eye is bright cos used flash.

IF you can confirm the ID that would be great, also if you have any idea where i might find a female that would be wonderful. thanks. Irene

Rush2112

Jun 14, 2009
Thanks for the pictures. Your male pleco is a nice fish. Sorry I have no mate for it. I'm not an expert either but it looks more like an L213 based on the pictures on Planet Catfish.

I'm not 100 % sure. I have been unable to find any pictures of L289 on the net. Anyone else have any ideas?

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
Hi, no mine is not L213 as this only has 7 rays on dorsal fin, and this has 9. so more like L182 but not quite the same and smaller. PC also thinks L213 and L289 are under 4 inches - but mine is over 4 inches, more like 5-6.
let me know if you get any pics!