new plec

Tambo

Jun 9, 2011
Scotland
he is what's in the link however both his eyes are white i would say blind his nostrils are pure white aswell as his eyes and hes almost white aswell although pic dosent show it

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
strange, interesting, never seen one before.
let us know what he is like when settled in (eg hides or shows off etc)

SilverDub

Apr 27, 2009
Leave him in the shop the fish looks unhealthy the eye is bad but the colour of the fish has gone a bad sign also
I agree, this fish wont survive. Looks dead already to me......very grey. He should be an olive green colour with quite clear black spots

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
hi Tambo,
I am by no means an expert on these white ones, howerver I have seen them in the aq store I use, they were a light grey ,with black spots , normal eyes, and were active when touched. Very healthy looking .

there could be other types of white plecs, but as the other members have stated ,this one looks to be on his last leg, compared to the whites I have seen.

Good you took a pic and asked here , the members are just trying to save you heartache and money.

If you have your heart set on a white plec, ask your local aq shop to be on the look for you. Here in US, the aq shops get a list of available plecs weekly ...not sure how it works over there though.

good luck ,
georgie

Tambo

Jun 9, 2011
Scotland
Quite worried he has already bought that and the photo is taken from inside his own tank?
correct i have taken a gamble with him... well he has settled in a bit since going into the tank his body has darkened up a bit eyes are still pure white aswell as nostrils and tail and tips of fins, he's nice and chunky and quite lively i thought he was maybe blind at first hence the white eyes however he seems to find his way about no bother ??:dk: i am keeping a close eye and will update regular for any changes thanks for all the opinions :thumbup:

JoePlec

Aug 27, 2010
Rainhill, Merseyside
Best of luck, Can we glimpse another more recent pic?
Oh well its your tank now and you can concentrate on giving it the attention/care it may need. Well done you.

Last edited:

zeebo

Jun 11, 2010
ct ,usa
Best of luck, Can we glimpse another more recent pic?
Oh well its your tank now and you can concentrate on giving it the attention/care it may need. Well done you.
yes ,can we please have an updated pic, glad to hear thiings are looking better , esp after the first photo...you must be doing a good , attentive job with him ...how lucky he is for you to find him :yes:

thanks , georgie