L 240 can you tell me the sex?

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
ok thanks for that. Are these photos taken with a phone camera ? I only ask, as they are not so in focus and especially the second one is hard to see even if enlarged. Any chance of new photos from above with a white background ? cheers jk :thumbup:

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
both seem very slender bodied so i'd guess at both males, but hard to say exactly, may be females that just need fattening up a bit:dk: sorry, doesn't help much

fraeli1968

Nov 13, 2011
Milan
ok thanks for that. Are these photos taken with a phone camera ? I only ask, as they are not so in focus and especially the second one is hard to see even if enlarged. Any chance of new photos from above with a white background ? cheers jk :thumbup:
the photos taken with a phone camera, now they are in a tank of 600 liters and the last photograph I can see again from.

fraeli1968

Nov 13, 2011
Milan
both seem very slender bodied so i'd guess at both males, but hard to say exactly, may be females that just need fattening up a bit:dk: sorry, doesn't help much
:cry:

but you're right on the thinness I bought them from a dealer who had them for a year and did not want them softer.

bigbird

Pleco Profiles Moderator - RIP FRIEND
Sep 9, 2010
Sydney, AUSTRALIA
it does vary from L to L to tell the sex. Usually the most accurate is to take a photo of the male and female parts. In some Ls males are hairy and slim, in others Females heads are rounder and shorter, some you cannot sex till they are larger or at maturity, so it really depends on the L you are looking at. cheers jk :thumbup:

fraeli1968

Nov 13, 2011
Milan
it does vary from L to L to tell the sex. Usually the most accurate is to take a photo of the male and female parts. In some Ls males are hairy and slim, in others Females heads are rounder and shorter, some you cannot sex till they are larger or at maturity, so it really depends on the L you are looking at. cheers jk :thumbup:
ok, shake the field:wb:: 240 The thing I look to find out the sex?:whistle: