I.D PLEASE

bmouth_plecs

Jan 14, 2010
dorset
hi i no it prob a common plec but if any1 could tell me the L number would be great thanks :).Has the same sort of pattern on the belly if that helps. sorry pics not the best

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

macvsog23

Pleco Profiles Team - RIP FRIEND
May 1, 2009
Bristol
I would say this fish has a scientific description ie it has been classified and placed in a genus with a Sp name. I would guess it is possible Hypostomus punctatus or Pterygoplichthys pardalis.
Thus it has no L Number that is relevant.

Some numbers used for this fish could be L021, L023

Last edited:

bmouth_plecs

Jan 14, 2010
dorset
yeah i did think he look lil stressed,just added a bristlenose in dnt no if that can cause it. Or me takeing pics was prob the cause lol

Apr 27, 2009
Middle Earth
Most likely Pardalis, it lacks the patternage in the eye of the Gibbiceps, Punctatus is more dotty this Plec has the classic pardalis pattern, a lot like multiradiatus but i believe they have some pattern in the eye as well. Good luck with it, hopefully not a multi as they get quite big, i'm almost certain its Pardalis so not too big, about 15" total length max.

Warborg

Oct 17, 2009
Austin,Texas
How big is he?

Once past 4 inches belly shots really help with the ID.

Here's my guesses in order:
1) P. Pardalis
2) P. Disjunctivus
3) P. Multiradiatus

Multiradiatus are hard to come by and are nearly the same as a Pardalis. Both have a circle like pattern on their belly where as the Disjunctivus has wavy lines. The Pardalis has full circles where as the Multiradiatus has broken circles.