New spotty ancistrus

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
nice, how big? could be L182.
hard to confirm the female as need head shape from all angles etc.
I bought a pair of spotted type several inches long , one with Bristles and one without. but after a few months the one without grew big bristles and fought and killed the other male. so I am always very wary of assuming no bristles is a def female!

Gem400

May 18, 2009
Barnsley,UK
Not sure about l182 but a guy on ebay is selling fry might be worth asking him
if it had not been for the red i would have said temminckii
could be `Rio Ucayali` or L59 also

Adam
Adam you might have seen them, I bought them from viscum about 30 minutes after you had been there. I'm sure Warwick said you had shown some interest in them. I was told they come in as L213 and that they have always been this colour and not showing stress colours. Did you get some more of the L309's when you were there?

Sorry I should have put in the size, they are are 6cm+

Cheers
Gemma

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
at 6cm and that mature (the male anyway), i'd say that they can't be L182, the lack of red in the fins rules out L059 imo too.
i would say L213 is more likely with that size, but something is telling me that they are something else, they just dont seem wide enough.
will have a good look around later

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
the white on the tail says they are prob not fully adult yet and the male will get much bigger bristles, but 6cm is small for L182, so will be interesting to see them in a few months.
yes L100 might be a possiblilty.

Jagtazman

Nov 2, 2009
Halifax, West Yorkshire, UK
Adam you might have seen them, I bought them from viscum about 30 minutes after you had been there. I'm sure Warwick said you had shown some interest in them. I was told they come in as L213 and that they have always been this colour and not showing stress colours. Did you get some more of the L309's when you were there?

Sorry I should have put in the size, they are are 6cm+

Cheers
Gemma
Hi Gemma,

Yes I looked at them but as I am running out of tank space and Warwick has more BN's on the way decided to hang fire for something else, cannot have everything. Also was between appointments so would not have been home for hours.

Sorry I was gonna PM you never got around to it as Warwick did ask me to tell you about the L309's. Got home from work and ended up working all night, and forgot to PM you sorry.

No I did not get any L309's as I got a large male from Pier the other week. I have a total of 4 for now.

They are not dark enough for L100's. If you look at the ones of ebay at the moment, I have seen these in the flesh and I am 90% certain they are L100's

I thought they may be a Calico cross? but as Warwick gets wilds rules this out.

Nice fish in any event Gemma,