Peckoltia ID please.

L134PLECO

Jun 19, 2009
Romford Essex
Hi all just picked these 4 pleco's up today i tink they are L205 but wanted to make sure. Also wanted to know what price do you think these go for, they are all around 4 inches long but need feeding up a bit before i can sex them.

Pics not to good thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Could be L205 but also Peckotia brevis or even juvie L202 imo. What would you say the base colouration is?

L134PLECO

Jun 19, 2009
Romford Essex
The base colouration is a yellowly orange colour. Peckotia brevis is L205, i dont think its a L202 as the head pattern is different with more little dots. I think i have bought a bargain as i only paid £12.50 each for these and at maidenhead they were over £30. They are at breeding size they just need feeding up so it shouldnt be long before i can sex them.

Doodles

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
The base colouration is a yellowly orange colour. Peckotia brevis is L205, i dont think its a L202 as the head pattern is different with more little dots. I think i have bought a bargain as i only paid £12.50 each for these and at maidenhead they were over £30. They are at breeding size they just need feeding up so it shouldnt be long before i can sex them.
Sorry i was looking at the back to nature Lnumber book which states brevis and L205 are two different fish although similar. Brevis is from Brazil, L205 is from Peru:dk:
And yes I know that pc has them as same fish, so does our profile lol

If yellow/orange then i would go with L205