Oct 11, 2009
Sydney
1 Female
2 Female
3 Male
4 Male
5 Male
6 Male
They are roughly 16-17cm, what do you think?
Fish 1

Fish 2

Fish 3

Fish 4

Fish 5

Fish 6

Group shot

Irene0100

UK Support Team
May 14, 2009
Norfolk, UK
really hard to tell, hair on body or absense is not definative ans subordinat males may not have hair and some females grow some hair and some fish grow and shed hair so can be different in a months time!
anyway i think you have some of each going by shapes in the vertical pic.
good luck they look nice fish

First up good luck with your new fish!

At that size its better to sex from a under body shot.

Do think same as you but its easier from a under body shot. ( take with head point up with close up of lower area ) Number 3 possible hairy female.

The females should be close to a cm wider in tummy if ready for breeding than a males.( should be at that size )

Try to pick the most dorminate male and put the girls with him leave the rest out or you can lose a male sometimes.

A tied up cave to a log can make a good site at 90 degree angle to a power head darker tank when spawning lots of light during the dry season.

Brengun

Global Moderators
Staff member
Apr 22, 2009
Burrum Heads, Queensland, Australia
Yup going by your pics first 2 female, 3 & 4 not sure could well be female, fish 5 if I was a female L135 I would go for him, 6 male. Btw my females do have a tiny bit of hair on the tails, not long but it is there.

ccole

Jan 15, 2011
norfolk
O.M.G i am in love.... don't tell the wife but I might have to re-marry....is it legal to marry pleco's??? lol

Absolutly beautfiul....i am about to get one tomorrow , not sure if it is a boy or girl so will be asking for some help on the i.d.

How is your group doing? Are they breeding well? Your breeding log was great.

cheers

cole