Pleco ID's please

ScaryToastMonster

Aug 10, 2010
Blackpool
Hi everyone, I was wondering if any of you could ID these 4 pleco's please. Sorry the pictures aren't the best so here is a little description of each

Pic #1 Dark brown with yellow/gold lines creating tortoise shell like pattern
Pic #2 Green/Brown with silver edge to tail and fin
Pic #3 Pinky Brown with brown pattern
Pic #4 Black/Brown covered in golden dots
Pic #5 The two plecs from pictures 1 and 3

Thanks

Attachments

matubula

Retired Staff
May 7, 2009
Chester, UK
1. Pterygoplichthys gibbiceps
2. Peckoltia snethlageae
3. Hypancistrus sp. L066
4. Baryancistrus sp. L177 (IMO spots are too large for L018, although I'm not convinced its Baryancistrus, Scobiancistrus?)

scatz

Retired Staff
Apr 8, 2009
Devon, UK
1. Pterygoplichthys gibbiceps
2. Peckoltia snethlageae
3. Hypancistrus sp. L066
4. Baryancistrus sp. L177 (IMO spots are too large for L018, although I'm not convinced its Baryancistrus, Scobiancistrus?)

as above, although need a pic of the fish in pic 4 out in the open to see what it is

ScaryToastMonster

Aug 10, 2010
Blackpool
Hi, thanks guys for your help IDing them all. I agree with everyone with regards pictures 1,2 and 3. The plec in pic 4 is super shy, he very rarely comes out, well not whilst i'm in the room anyway! The other 3 are always doing there thing but never keep still once i've got the camera out.

RobHarrison, yeah they all get along fine. When its feeding time the 3 social ones all come out together and eat peacefully, then go and do there own thing. they all have there own little hiding place and i've made sure there's spare "homes" within all the slate too. We were given the tank a few months back and all the plecos came with it, the one in the second picture is always out and about. I've never seen one with a silver trim to tail and dorsal fin before though!

Will try and get some better pictures of them on soon, especially of the one in picture 4 (spotty as my daughter calls him).

Thanks again everyone

ScaryToastMonster

Aug 10, 2010
Blackpool
Yeah it is a lovely tank, it just came with the plecos and 1 Bolivian Ram and 1 Chain Loach. We hacve stocked it up a little since, we now have the following:

4 x Plecos
1 x Chain Loach
1 x Bolivian Ram
6 x Blue Neons
5 x Black Neons
2 x Black Mollies
1 x Silver Molly
4 x Tiger Barbs
4 x Red Dwarf Gouramis
1 x Pink Siamese Fighter

Will probably add a few more fish, not sure what though. Tank is a 300l by the way.