what is this i like it

Big-B

Apr 22, 2009
Kansas City Missouri
Platystacus cotylephorus, also known as the Whiptailed Banjo Catfish. Not very common in the aquarium trade around here. It has a tolerence for brackish conditions. Its a peaceful fish except around small fry and shrimp. Needs a sandy substrate as with all Banjo cats its not very active and likes to bury itself most of the time. It will eat flake, tablet foods,tubifex, daphnia, bloodworms, ect. Males are more intensely mottled, and have a short extension to the dorsal spine. Females are more drab and have larger ventral fins. I believe they can grow to around 10 inches. Neat little catfish. :thumbup:

JoePlec

Aug 27, 2010
Rainhill, Merseyside
Platystacus cotylephorus, also known as the Whiptailed Banjo Catfish. Not very common in the aquarium trade around here. It has a tolerence for brackish conditions. Its a peaceful fish except around small fry and shrimp. Needs a sandy substrate as with all Banjo cats its not very active and likes to bury itself most of the time. It will eat flake, tablet foods,tubifex, daphnia, bloodworms, ect. Males are more intensely mottled, and have a short extension to the dorsal spine. Females are more drab and have larger ventral fins. I believe they can grow to around 10 inches. Neat little catfish. :thumbup:
Brilliant :clap:

foti

Apr 20, 2010
Sydney AUS 2206
i seen this bango in a youtube flick from some irish guys breeding room? i could not understand what he was saying when he said the name of it i went over it like 10 times whilst trying to spell it on google !

well funnt enought i had just seen it! i clicked the like and nothing happend just d pic so i knew if i saved it and posted it here 1 one you would of known

thank you

cant argue with that i.d seeing as its the exact same pic used on pc
well funnt enought i had just seen it! i clicked the link and nothing happend just d pic so i knew if i saved it and posted it here 1 of you would of known

mate call me crazy but i bet you must like them too :yes:

its rare i take aliking to fish straight away but this i did ? i guess cause:yes: its different

thank you